Budget and Finance
- Prior to May 15, the City Treasurer submits to the Governing Body a proposed operating budget for the fiscal year commencing the following July 1
- The budget includes all funds and accounts of the City and includes proposed expenditures and the means of financing them
- Hearings for the budget are scheduled not prior to the second Tuesday in June nor later than the third Tuesday in June
- Within 24 hours of the public hearing, the Governing Body must adopt the budget
To request copies of budgets prior to fiscal year 2012, please contact the City Treasurer’s office at (307) 637-6350 or by Email.
Prepared in accordance with the requirements of Resolution No. 5533, below are copies of the City of Cheyenne Narrative Budget Report to the Governing Body.
FY 2018 Narrative Budget Report
FY 2017 Narrative Budget Report
FY 2016 Narrative Budget Report
FY 2015 Narrative Budget Report
A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) is an important tool for planning and managing a City. Below are the Plans issued for the City of Cheyenne.
FY 2016-2025 Draft Capital Improvement Plan
FY 2017-2021 Capital Improvement Plan
The Budget and Finance Division prepares monthly financial reports for City Departments, City Council and the public.
The City prepares an annual financial report and contracts with an independent certified public accountant firm to conduct an annual audit of the City’s financial records and internal control systems.
2008 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2009 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
2010 Financial and Compliance Report
2011 Financial and Compliance Report
2012 Financial and Compliance Report
2013 Financial and Compliance Report
2014 Financial and Compliance Report
2015 Financial and Compliance Report
2016 Financial and Compliance Report
- Processes miscellaneous accounts receivable billings and statements
- Oversees collection of accounts receivable per the City's Collection Policy
- Resolves customer payment issues
- Processes payments to vendors in accordance with budgetary constraints, contractual obligations, state and federal guidelines and governing policies and procedures
- Resolves vendor payment issues
- Processes 1099 reporting at year-end
- Processes the City's monthly payroll for over 750 employees
- Handles all changes to existing employees' deductions and benefits (other than health, dental and life insurance)
- Submits all payroll tax and benefit withholdings and prepares all necessary payroll tax reports, while ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws
- Processes and files W-2s at year-end